Step by step help with the IRS form 1023 for 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations
This website is a complete source for starting a charitable nonprofit organization by preparing your own 501(c)(3), IRS form 1023 (Application for Tax Exemption). The IRS form 1023 is explained and examined page by page, step by step and every question is answered with references to successful applications, sample documents, and complete instruction. It starts from the very beginning on how to form the organization, preparing the Nonprofit Articles of Incorporation, Nonprofit Bylaws, Nonprofit Conflict of Interest Policy, and explores the more advanced topics such as international activities. It is free to use, share, and improve by all, and it will stay like this until the end of time. I have implemented many months of my life into preparation of this site for no pay and pension so you can achieve your dream, simply because I believe that knowledge should be free, and given the right tools and information, people choose to do good. Maybe I’m a dreamer but I like to keep it that way. By using this site, you agree to my terms and conditions, so honor them. That is all.
Who this step by step Tax Exemption help website is for:
This website is for those who truly want to help others and their nonprofit mission complies with the IRS definition:
Solely for charitable, religious, scientific, testing for public safety, literary, or educational purposes, or to foster national or international amateur sports competition, or for the prevention of cruelty to children or animals.
Who this Tax Exemption website is not for:
- Organizations formed solely to support other organizations
- For-profit entities wanting to become a non-profit. (In my experience, 99% of this group want to avoid paying taxes with no real intention of doing good.)
- Medical organization i.e. hospitals, clinics, wellness centers. (This group should seek professional assistance)
- Insurance providing entities. (This group should seek professional assistance)
- Private Foundations. (This group should seek professional assistance)
- Private Operating Foundations. (This group should seek professional assistance)