Search for your Form 1023 questions here...
- Already Donated? Download Your Documents
- How to Start & Form a 501c3 Nonprofit
- How to Start a Private Foundation
- How to Incorporate a 501c3 Nonprofit Corporation
- Nonprofit Articles of Incorporation Template
- Nonprofit Bylaws Template (IRS Compliant)
- Nonprofit Conflict of Interest Policy Template
- How to Apply for your Nonprofit EIN (TAX ID)
- IRS Form 1023-EZ, What is it? Do you Qualify?
- Nonprofit Board of Directors, Officers & Members
- Form 1023 Part I, Identification of Applicant
- Form 1023 Part II, Organizational Structure
- Form 1023 Part III, Required Provisions
- Form 1023 Part IV, Narrative of your Activities
- Form 1023 Part V, Compensations and Salaries
- Form 1023 Part VI, Financial Data, Budget
- Form 1023 Part VII, Foundation Classification
- Form 1023 Part VIII, Effective Date
- Form 1023 Part IX, 990 Filing Requirements
- Form 1023 Part X, Signature and Upload
- Form 1023 (2022) User Fee Information
- Form 1023 Schedules Instruction A-H
- Expediting the IRS Form 1023 Application
- IRS Form 1023 Application Review
- Reinstatement of 501c3 Exemption Status
- How You Can Make a Difference
We had been working with the Form1023.Org templates for a few months as we gathered our data. During that time, I would send a question in via the website and get a prompt response from Chris by phone with an accurate answer or suggestion. Then, once we signed up for the consultation, Chris helped us to get the application ready to file, working with me between Christmas and New Years. The end of 2022 was our goal. I filed on 12/30/22. We were approved for 501(c)(3) status on 1/10/23!
We first reached out to some local attorneys who offered to provide us with obtaining our 501c3 status using the short form (1023-EZ) charging upwards of $5000. This also did not include any of the application charges. I can only imagine what they would charge for the long form. I decided to use form.1023.org instead. I choose this because I still had to provide the attorneys all the information anyways. Just use the templates, follow the instructions, and you can do it. The consultation was an added bonus. Admittedly, I had a few errors that Chris caught and it saved valuable time. I submitted my application on 01-06-23 and was approved 01-11-23. I never thought it would be that quick!